Knowledge Is Cure; Know About Skin Cancer Symptoms And Get Rid Of Ignorance!
Cancer has become an extremely common disease these days. People at times do not realize that they have some serious symptoms. There could be several reasons for ignoring it. However, one such reason is that people do not know that these symptoms are not normal and need to be checked. The article shall aim to create awareness regarding skin cancer symptoms.
The number of people suffering from it is increasing day by day. You shall know about it so that you are not under ignorance of any sort. Before jumping on to the symptoms, let’s first examine the causes of contracting skin cancer.
Causes Of Skin Cancer-
When you know the cause, you can prevent it, and so knowing the causes is important. Skin cancer occurs when mutations take place in the skin cell DNA. The errors make the cell growth uncontrollable and form an accumulation of cancer cells.
- Skin cancer occurs on the top layer that is the epidermis- a protective cover of the cells. The three types of the epidermis are squamous cells, melanocytes, basal cells, etc. The starting point of skin cancer determines the type and possible treatment of it.
- If you have a history of sunburns as a child, you are likely to contract skin cancer.
- If you have a family member who had suffered in the past, there are chances of history repeating itself.
- Severe exposure to the sun can also cause skin cancer. The concern about the depleting ozone layer is due to this reason only.
- You may have undergone radiation treatment for treating skin conditions like eczema, acne, etc., which can also make you vulnerable to skin cancer.
Now, you shall know the symptoms of skin cancer. Read every point carefully so that you know it all.
Symptoms Of Skin Cancer-
- Development of dark lesions on areas like nose, fingertips, vagina, anus, etc. It could be painful that burns and itches.
- If you have a mole that bleeds and has changed in size, it could be a symptom.
- A large brown spot with specks that is extremely dark.
- A red nodule with a lesion that is scaly with a crusted surface.
Basal Cell Symptoms-
- A recurring sore that bleeds and is scabbing. It could also be a symptom if there is a brownish scar or a pearly bump.
You can prevent skin cancer by regularly wearing sunscreen above 50 SPF. Avoid exposure to the sun in the middle of the day. Wear clothes that cover your skin so that the exposition to the sun reduces.